It's Wednesday morning, and there is a definite chill in the air. We never really have a "warm" morning in the summer. Not the kind you have in the valley. Each morning I say to Wess, "is it warm outside?" He tells me yes, but it isn't so.When I decided to set up a blog, I struggled with a name. I think I was trying to find a cool one like Bonnie's, hence my previous title. I felt like a copycat and I really didn't like it anyway. Then last week I had an epiphany ( I love that word). The picture above is of "Gabriella" (so named by my niece Lyndsee). She is an albino skunk, pink eyes and all. She was rescued from death by car and lovingly sits in our living room as a center of attraction when someone comes to visit. She smells nice now and quite enjoys her santa hat at the Holidays. She is the reason for the name "Skunk's Misery". Our small hamlet was named this many years ago for the obvious reasons. The overwhelming amount of skunks. Every morning along with the chill in the air is the scent of this nocturnal creature foraging for a midnight snack and finding it's way back to the pipe it calls home by daylight. Only to start again when the sun goes down...
1 comment:
I love your writing, Mary. You could write a book about being Mink Ranchers. Start it...
Post a Comment