Since the last post I wrote, it has turned from snow to hot! But that's ok because now our beautiful cement pond is filled with a tired, sweaty rancher who finally takes a few minutes to relax. It has dogs cooling off, grandson's who will be here for 4 days using it as a bathtub, neighborhood children who come knocking at the door, shyly asking if they can swim.
I do have another "bathtub" in my yard. Last April I had the "pleasure" of attending a dinner at a local restaurant which has a decor of an old country house. As I'm sitting there not listening to someone talk who lied when he said he would cut it short, I studied the scene outside the window of this room. It had an old water pump, surrounded by rocks, buckets with flowers popping out, and old time claw footed bathtub filled with colorful pansies,..........wait! an old time claw footed bathtub with colorful pansies........just what my yard is missing...OMG!!! I nudge Wess awake, sleeping with his eyes open, "honey, look out that window", and to my delight he said "honey, find a tub". Off on my quest to find an old tub who people have bathed in for centuries, (yuck) I look on a local classified website. To my heart's dismay everyone who had one thought they were worth the sun and moon. I, however thought they were only worth a piece of sand. Not wanting to spend my retirement on one I pretty much gave up. Wess finally said, try again. I set a goal to look for one within my hometown and if I couldn't find one for the right price then it wasn't meant to be. I stuck in my zip code and to my utter amazement I find one. $250. So I email them back, offer them $125 and wait for a reply...and wait and wait. Finally I get an email.....It's my neighbor 2 houses down........I back the truck in, we heft it up and now it is yard art....and it's beautiful.
1 comment:
Looks great little sister! Now all you need is a matching toilet :)
Love Cathy and David
Post a Comment